Tuesday, June 1, 2010

My parents were awesome






I love this site so much. I don't know about you, but I often forget that parents are people too, well I forget mine were anyway.
I forget that, once upon a time, my dad's jokes were probably funny. And that my mum did know a thing or two about fashion and boys and that they both know what hickeys look like (an incident when I was 16 - a tip for the kids out there ant bite infections don't even come close to a good excuse).

I wonder when that moment happens. When someone gets locked in, what they think, is their style-peak forever? When you stop seeking out new music, and when your lingo is no longer so coolio ... and I wonder why I'm in denial about myself ever reaching that state.

These are some of my fave pic from the site.
That first polaroid is a snap of my ma. I think she fits in perfectly with these vintage hipsters. Don't you?

cactus
x

1 comment:

  1. Your mum's gorgeous! And what a great site. My parents always looked so wonderful and cool in photos. I sure do hope it wasn't me who caused their fall into dagginess (not a real word, is it?}
    x

    ReplyDelete