Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Romance is dead?


Is it bad that I find Whitley's new song 'Killer' slightly sweet and romantic? I'm getting flashbacks to early uni days where I had to do my first tutorial paper. It was for english lit and I had to analyse a few poems in front of the class and our very feminist, scary tutor. Now, considering I didn't even know what a tute paper was and I did it the half an hour before class, I thought I was doing pretty well. I remember reading one of the poems and thinking 'aww that's sweet.' as I described the flutter I felt in my heart to the class, my tutor looked at me in horror and spat out 'This is a poem, about domestic violence!' Whoops. Isn't poetry open to interpretation. I guess now that you mention it, breaking someone's legs to keep them in the hospital you're a Dr. in isn't the most traditional way to tell someone you like them but at least it's subtle and inventive, right? Hmmm.

Biggest misinterpretation ever? Possibly.

cactus.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment