Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Hey hey, wait a minute Mr Postman


I think I'll be singing this tune a lot more as I approach my mailbox over the next few weeks. Yesterday I received an email from an ever so artsy friend asking if I wanted to partake in the Art Exchange. I send something I've made (picture/zine/drawing) to the person on my list, then forward my email on with details of my sender, then the people I email, pass on my details and so on and so forth until the whole world is art exchanging. Well not the whole world, but it really does bring a whole new meaning to the dreaded chain-letter.

I haven't felt this inspired in a long time. I bustled home yesterday arvo and cut, pasted, drew and wrote to my lil' heat's content. I filled an empty journal with pics and images that inspire me and make me happy. I made a little zine and stuck it in a secret envelope and wrapped it all up in pretty pink tissue paper.

Today I posted my parcel and now I wait. How amazing is this? I feel like I'm part of a secret society and I'm so thrilled that I'll be receiving mail other than bills for a change! The greatest part about the deal is that you have to be able to post within a week so I'll be able to show you all the special deliveries so very soon.

Thank god we don't rely on the carrier pigeon anymore. I don't think I could wait that long. Gosh I haven't felt this excited for mail since the dawn of ebay.

cactus
x

No comments:

Post a Comment