Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A change is in the air ...



And it all started with a haircut. I was sitting on the bus this morning when I had an epiphany. I've had three major changes in my life recently and it all started when I decided to take the plunge and do the chop.

I cut half my hair off after growing it for about two years. I don't know why. It was just time.
The day I cut my hair I auditioned for a London DJ. And he loved my ideas. So far I've done two tracks for him and am hoping it won't end there.

And finally, a couple of weeks later, I got a new job. A great one. Even though I'm hella sad to be leaving my cosy corner on the Pier, I know that it's time. Just like it was time to get an asymmetrical cut.

Change frightens me, I'm a play-it-safe kinda girl through and through so while all of this sounds exciting, I'm biting my nails to bits even though I think I'm doing the right thing. Isn't it funny how one morning you're ordering your skinny cap, loving the fact that you're coffee guy starts prepping your order when he sees you walking down the hill, then all of a sudden you don't know who's going to be making your morning coffee and if they'll ever get it just the way you like it.

What's changed for you in the last month?

love,
cactus
x

(image from here)

No comments:

Post a Comment